September 11, 2008

Tag, I'm it...

This is way late, but hey, better late than never!

Thanks, Ouiser. You know how much I like doing these things! According to the rules, I must now list seven strange, interesting, or little known facts about myself. Here goes...

1. I only like male singing voices. Especially those from the 70's through the 90's. I know it is super cheesy, but you just can't beat Steve Perry! Come on, admit it, you all love some Journey! I also do not like any type of sappy music. I definitely did not take after my Mom on this one!

2. I am a news junkie. I love it. Any kind of it, well, at least if it is of a conservative nature! No liberal media for me! Talk radio, morning news, cable news, love it! Fox News, Sean Hannity, Michael Savage, Jim Crammer are a few of my top favorites!

3. I can't spell. Never has been one of my talents. In elementary school I always had a "sore throat" the day of the spelling bee! Spell check, in my opinion, is the greatest invention EVER!

4. I love murder mystery dramas. Whether TV, movies, or books, I love them all. I watched the old Perry Mason shows with my Granny Mildred and read her Agatha Christie novels when I should have been watching cartoons and reading Judy Blume! Throw in some vampires and history facts and I'm hooked! You would think I should have been an attorney or a detective. Maybe someday...

5. I tend to embellish stories a little bit. OK, I exaggerate, a LOT! I just get excited!


6. I am a former fugitive. A few years ago, someone stole a check my company had sent to one of our vendors. They tried to cash it at a check cashing business in Tennessee. The business was suspicious and called me. I confirmed that the check must have been stolen. A week later I received a summons to testify in the trial! Our company attorneys said this was not necessary because it was outside the state of Kentucky. So I didn't go to court. I then received a letter stating that a bench warrant had been issued for my arrest! Me, a fugitive! If I had gone to Tennessee I could have been thrown in the slammer! Of course, the attorneys took care of it, and the warrant was lifted. I really did not exaggerate this story! Do you think those prison outfits come in pink?

7. I am sure this is just testing fate, but I have never been pulled over or had a ticket. I will probably post a copy of a ticket tomorrow!

OK, there it is. It only took me a few months, but I finished it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the comments of your seven strange, interesting, or little known facts, you are an exact replica of your Dad. Try watching a little Greta or Bill O'rilley.