January 13, 2009

Back in black...

Greg and I LOVE going to concerts. Our latest adventure, and it was most definitely an adventure, was Sunday night. We went to see AC/DC in Cincinnati. It was the first weekend in forever that Greg had been off. Sunday was cold, dreary, and we started to back out. It was just so nice actually being home! Remembering how much we paid for the tickets kicked in and we were off. When we left Lexington, it was cold, but just cold. Twenty minutes out of Cincinnati we ran into a blizzard! The weather was horrible! We were thankful that the concert was at the US Bank Arena, which we have been to many times before. They have excellent parking right next door. Parking so good, in fact, that Greg didn't wear a coat. Why take a coat when you only have to walk a few feet? I had only a thin coat and grabbed a cute scarf as we headed out the door. Thank goodness...

We pulled up to the parking garage, but wait, it was blocked off. We looked across the street to the other garage, and, yes, full. Uh oh. We found a police officer and asked where to go. "Around the corner to Lot D." OK. Just around the corner. Over a mile later, we found Lot D. Are you kidding me?!!! Remember the blizzard outside? After much whining from me, we started the walk. Snow was pounding in our faces. I could not feel my feet by the time we reached the arena. After going through security, we tried to dry off as best we could. At this time, all I wanted to do was go home...

And then the show started. The first five minutes told us this was the best concert we would ever see. Definitely worth the weather and walk. I wish I had pics to show you, but they confiscated all cameras. Luckily, being focused on the weather, I had forgotten mine in the car. A good thing! We tried taking pics with out phones, but they did not turn out. If you have the chance, I highly recommend that you see this show. They don't do concerts like this anymore!


On the way home, Greg and I tried to remember all of the concerts we have been to. We decided to make a list:

Metallica
Garth Brooks
Prince
Aerosmith
Limp Biscuit
Staind
Pearl Jam - Multiple times
Goo Goo Dolls
Sugar Ray
Fastball
Live - Twice
Counting Crows - Twice
Dave Matthews - Twice
Faith Hill
Tim McGraw
Kenny Chesney
Third Day
Michael W. Smith - Twice
Def Leopard - Twice
Eagles
John Mellancamp
Duran Duran
Alan Jackson
Bob Dylan
Willie Nelson
Rolling Stones
Jimmy Buffet
AC/DC, and of course
Kevin Elliot and the Broken

I'm sure there are ones we have left off. Its crazy how you forget things! We decided to make a list of shows we want to see:

KISS
Tom Petty
Foo Fighters
Chili Peppers
Bon Jovi
Madonna
Has anyone seen a great show that we need to add to the list?

5 comments:

Mama P said...

The Prince concert was pretty unbelievable.....I didn't want to go and my hubby dragged me there, and it was the BEST one by far that I have ever gone too. We saw Bon Jovi (it rocked!) and Kiss (not my cup of tea, but hubby liked it).

And, for the mellow listener....don't laugh, but Belinda Carlisle and Billy Joel are at the top of my list for awesome concerts!

~Erin

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out to the wonderful babysitters that kept Soph so you guys could go rock out with AC/DC!

Anonymous said...

Dad said.........

I didn't hear you say in your comments that we bought Dad a t-shirt

Anonymous said...

AC/DC ALWAYS ROCK IT GLAD TO HEAR YOU LOVED IT

Anonymous said...

Another one for your list
Ryan Adams & The Cardinals