May 3, 2010

Derby Weekend...

I hope you all had a fabulous Derby weekend! The weather was horrible, but we still had a great time!

I love getting ready for Derby! It is so much fun!


Debbie, Greg, Kevin, Julie, Me and Greg

Back view of my hat...

Side view...

Having fun!

Luckily we have a suite at Churchill and didn't have to be out in the rain!

Watching the race. Can you spot T.O. and Mario Lopez? Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Terry Bradshaw, and Bruce Willis were a few of the other celebs on our floor. It is so fun to watch everyone!

Crossing the finish line...

Entry to Churchill Downs...

I think these guys had little too much fun in the infield!
It was a muddy disaster out there!

Unfortunately we didn't pick the winner, but we still had a wonderful day!
There is no better day in Kentucky than Derby Day!

After the race, we headed to Cincinnati where Greg ran in the Flying Pig Marathon!

Greg after finishing in 4:10! He did a great job and I am so proud of him!
It rained the whole time! I can't imagine running 26 miles in the rain!

This year I was there for moral support! But maybe next year I can do it, too!

A big thanks to Britt, Nana, Papaw, and DT for helping with Sophie all weekend!

6 comments:

JMW said...

Love, LOVE your Derby pics!! So lucky you were indoors because the weather was horrible. I didn't realize Bruce Willis was there! Very cool.

Lauren said...

You look absolutely stunning, girl! The Derby spirit found it's way up North too! We tuned in to watch! Congrats to your hubs...26.1 in the rain? Wow! I'm off to run the Indianapolis 500 1/2 marathon on Saturday, but I don't run in the rain! Ha! Looks like a great weekend!

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

Love, love, love your hat and your dress!! You are SO cute!!

Kerr said...

looks like yall had a great time. Love love love your hat!

Anonymous said...

Love your hat! You looked fab!!

GOODE TIME GIRLS! said...

LOVE the hat!!! Going to the Derby is on my Bucket List! SO FUN!! XO KJ