October 11, 2010

World Equestrian Games...

The world has been in Lexington for the past few weeks! The city hosted the 2010 World Equestrian Games. This was the first time the event has ever been held in the United States! It was kind of like a mini Olympics. It was amazing to meet so many people from other parts of the world. Over 500,000 people attended the games in our city of 278,000!

Lexington really looked its best for the event. Horses like these are everywhere in the city. Sophie's favorite was this pink one!

This stadium was built specifically for WEG. The Kentucky Horse Park looked amazing!

There was so much to do and see that Sophie had to take a little nap!

This beautiful horse chandelier was in the center of the Alltech Kentucky Experience exhibit. It was so pretty!

There were lots of great exhibits for kids, too. Sophie loved petting this penguin in the Newport Aquarium exhibit.

Flags of all the countries participating...

Rolex was one of the main sponsors of WEG. They build mini stores like this all over. And there was lots of Kentucky Ale and Bourbon! Instead of concession stands, there were beer and bourbon stands everywhere!

We lucked into a prime spot to watch eventing. This water jump was one of the best ones on the cross-country course.

Amazing!

I've said it before and I will say it once again, Lexington is the best place to live in the world!


3 comments:

The Wilkinson's said...

Love the pics! Looks amazing!

Erin said...

I'm a lucker and I love your blog. If you don't mind me asking - where did you get your boots at in the 3rd picture? I've been looking for some!! Love them!

Erin said...

And if you don't mind me asking too - where did you get your cardigan? I LOVE it! :)