January 12, 2011

Winter reads...


The snow is still coming down at our house today.  We are on day three of being at home and I am going a bit stir crazy!  It has snowed almost every day, if only a little bit, since December 1.  I love snow and think it is so pretty, but I am ready to get out!  Sophie and I have decided that Greg is taking us to the bookstore when he gets home.  I love to read and I need a fresh selection.  Does anyone have suggestions?

5 comments:

Ouiser said...

The Elegance of the Hedgehog,
Water for Elephants (if you haven't read it already),
Animal Dreams,
The Cookbook Collector.

I'd recommend all the Bill Bryson and Michael Pollan that I drool over, but the thought of you reading either author is rather comical. Hope you get some good stuff.

Home of a Magnolia said...

Karen Kingsbury and Denise Hunter for relaxing reads and good stories about families.

Laura Ann said...

I can not even believe how big your beautiful little girl has gotten. I have missed reading your blog and following your journey. Beautiful new pictures, hoping the snow will go away soon.

GOODE TIME GIRLS! said...

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Houssini

The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

The Memory Keepers Daughter

All are favorites!!
XO KJ

Cindy S. said...

A few of my recent faves:
Water for Elephants
Crazy Love
Same Kind of Different as Me
My Sister's Keeper