August 28, 2008

Danger zone...


If you have been to my house, you know it isn't exactly "kid friendly." In fact, there are things everywhere. Lots of small tables covered in trinkets, sharp accessories, floor lamps, just to name a few. It is a virtual baby danger zone. Before Sophie was born, everyone kept saying, "Kristie, you are going to have to change your house after the baby is born." I thought, ha, I will show them. I will just teach her to stay away from dangerous things. WHATEVER! My plan did not work, not even a little bit. She can crawl faster than I can run. I don't know how she moves so fast! She even climbed on a box yesterday! She is only eight months old! I have moved several of the tables and other things out, but I happened to leave a marble Maitland-Smith cocker spaniel statue on the fireplace. Not a good idea. Miss Sophie pulled herself up on it, fell and hit her cheek on its nose! Just look at the bruise on her! So needless to say, I shall continue moving things out. Maybe I can put everything back in 10 years or so!

No comments: