
Is it possible for a five month old to develop an attitude? I am afraid that my precious little lady gave me the first glimpse of hers yesterday. It was the dreaded time, nail clipping time. Unfortunately, Greg was not home so the task fell on me. I prepared by gathering Sophie's favorite toys and making sure she was comfortable. We sat in the comfy rocker in her nursery and began. It started out rather easy. The first three nails went quick and painless. Then her eyes fixated on the clipper. I'm not sure why, it is pretty plain compared to all of the colorful toys I had sat around her. She started trying to grab it. I replaced it with a toy. She seemed no longer interested in the toys. She had to have the clipper. And then I said something that she has never heard, "no." Now, I did not say it in a harsh or strict tone. It was not like the "NO" I say to Shelby when she gives Aunt B and M "special hugs". Just a cute little "no." And then it happened. Sophie jerked her head around, furrowed her brow, pouted her lip and just stared at me. She was clearly saying, "I know you didn't tell me no," with her eyes. I sat there in disbelief and then stated cracking up! It was the funniest thing I have ever seen! Clearly, she was not happy with this situation. It is so amazing to see her develop new skills and emotions every day. I'm sure this isn't the last I will see of her new attitude!
1 comment:
ha. just wait until she starts trying to trade you for the nail clippers...or until she decides it's a game. we average one nail clipped per day, so there are usually only 3-4 nails that couldn't cut a steak.
i will say, however, that we have great success in clipping her nails when she is in her high chair. she can't get away!!
Post a Comment