May 4, 2009

Daisy cupcakes...

Good morning everyone!  I am starting cup of coffee number two as Sophie and I enjoy a lazy morning at home on this rainy day.  As you all know, I was in love with the Williams-Sonoma daisy cupcake pan.  I tried it out this weekend for the first time.

When I purchased it, I asked the salesperson at the store how full I should fill the cups when baking.  I was told to fill all the way to the top or the sides would not turn out.  This is how they turned out after baking...

Yikes!  Not very cute.  I had to cut the tops off.

The finished product!  

They turned out really cute, but I think next time will be better.  I need a bit more practice decorating!

I used the WS silicone baking cups and they were great!  I highly recommend them!

My stand was a bit small for these over sized cupcakes!


Sophie thought they turned out great!

On a side note, Sophie has started referring to herself as "Sophia" which is her name.  Should I start calling her Sophia instead of Sophie?  And while we are on the subject of her name, I am considering legally changing her middle name.  It is currently Kaidyn and we want to change it to Kate.  Would people think I am crazy???  What do you think?

7 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Kristie, I found your blog via a friend, Melisa Bell. I don't usually look at blogs by individuals who I don't know, but your blog title was too cute to pass up. I love the name Kaidyn, but I think that Sophia Kate just seems to go together. But, most importantly, don't worry about what anyone will think and do what you and your husband feel led to do. That's the beauty of being an adult and a parent. We get to make our own decisions and live with them. You have a blessed life!

GingerSnap said...

I love the cupcakes, they look so darling! As for the middle name, I wouldn't change it. Middle names aren't really that big of a deal and you can always call her "Sophia Kate" just because you're her mom. Also, she's going to change it anyway later in life, so maybe just let her have her given name as long as possible :) Plus, you could always call her "Sophia Kay" as in K for Kaidyn (unofficially of course) !

Ouiser said...

I think you should call her Fifi. I would get hours of enjoyment at thinking about Greg saying, "No, Fifi," or, "Stop that, Fifi."

The Holbrooks said...

Kristie,

Both names are great. If you call her Sophia Kate maybe you should think about it. If Rhett wasnt named after Tom's brother that passed away I would change his name. As you know it seems like everyone in my family has "THomas" in their name. Rhett doesnt understand why he is the only one so when you ask him what his name is he says "Rhett Thomas, not Rhett Matthew" I actually told Tom a couple weeks ago that if he keeps this up over the next couple years I am changing it. LOL

Paige said...

The cupcakes are adorable, and very creative! You did a great job making them! I'm not sure if I have ever told you or not, but I love Sophie's highchair. It is so very elegant and cute for a little classy girl. On the name change, I do not think you are crazy one bit! Charli's (charlie) name is Charli Elizabeth Grace and I'm considering taking grace out. At the time I couldn't decide if we would always call her Charli Beth or Charli Grace. I know silly, huh? I do personally like Sophia Kate better, but like a comment above says you can always call her whatever you like because you're the Mommy! Have a great week!

Jessica said...

Those cupcakes look yummy!

Jill said...

Great job decorating the cupcakes! They look so professional.