Good morning everyone! It is a rainy day here in Lexington. Again! Is it ever going to stop?
You all know that I love clothes, for me and Sophie. Well, yesterday was something else! My favorite kid's clothing company (as of the moment!) is Matilda Jane. They have the cutest stuff! They are made of ruffles and lace and are vintage inspired. Oh, how I love them! The problem is - the stuff is impossible to get! It sells out in no time. The clothes are not mass produced, they are made by a team of local seamstresses, so quantities are very limited.
The company decided to release a summer collection, which was so cute. It was available online only. They had all of the merchandise shown, but they were turning on the "purchase" switch at a secret time! So all day I sat at the Mac, waiting for the "go!" Of course the site crashed many times. Word finally came that the selling would begin at two. I was ready, credit card in hand! And guess what? I got nothing! Everything was just disappearing! They sold out in 35 minutes!
I'm just glad that there are people out there that are just like me!
I'm not the only one!
Because of all this, my new goal is to start sewing. I really think that I could make outfits like this. I know many of you are doubting me right now, but my new goal is to learn to sew! My Mom and Grandmother always made clothes for me, so I know I can do it too! Do any of you sew? Can you suggest a beginners sewing machine?
Here are a few pics of Miss Sophia from this morning...
Yes, passy is still here...

5 comments:
I don't know how to sew. I own a Singer 2662 from a couple years ago. I know nothing about it, though. A friend taught me how to thread & I stitched a hem to make a curtain. It's never left the box since that time. I wouldn't know how to thread it again or anything. I got a C in Home Ec. *lol*
Hi Kristie,
I had the same problem as you with my daughter Ella Kate, so I bucked up, bought a sewing machine (and eventually a serger) and made some darling outfits for my little girl. She is almost 6 (in a couple of weeks..boo hoo) and has started not to want "Mommy-made" clothes, which is breaking my heart! I love to sew and have made some adorable outfits for many friends and acquaintances. I would love to make some outfits for your daughter.....if you wish! I can send you some pictures of the items I have made for Ella Kate over the years and you can see if that's what you're wishing to have for Sophia. Just a thought! I am not a professional, but I am a perfectionist and I've never heard a complaint from anyone about my outfits. It's always fun to have Custom-made outfits that are one of a kind! Send me your email and I'll send you some photos! erin-patneaude@comcast.net
there was a little girl at story time in nashville wearing matilda jane one day, and i've been in love ever since. all of her designs look really easy to make. trial and error, babe.
good luck.
I would LOVE to learn to sew. Let me know what sewing machine you buy and please post any ideas/tips/projects. It is something I am dying to learn some day.
Did you email again about the stationery for Sophie? I have some cute ladybugs.
I have followed your blog for a while and enjoy reading. As a matter of fact...You helped me score the matching green/red outfits for my baby boy and girl from Bailey Boys. Thank you.
We are so in love with Matilda Jane also. We participated in the online Art Fair and I was able to get about 12 things and then followed up with my trunk keeper and got a couple more things. It is awesome stuff and oh so cute.
There are a few ladies on Etsy that do awesome work that is very similar to MJC. Search kissing kumquats at ETSY and I think you will really like their stuff. Our styles seem to be very much alike when it comes to our little girls.
I would also love to sew, but just don't know that I really have the patience to do it. I would love to see some stuff after you make it.
Take care and that little girl of yours is ADOREABLE!
Post a Comment