July 21, 2009

Lions, tigers and bears, oh my...

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a great day!

We took Sophie to the Cincinnati Zoo on Saturday. It was her first trip to the zoo and the first time Greg and I had been since we were kids!

The sky looked a bit ominous as we entered the gate! It turned out to be perfect weather! No rain and only 75 degrees!

We saw the elephants first...
Sophie said they were bigger than Mommy and Daddy!
Ha! Kids say the funniest things!

She had to take lots of breaks...
It is hard work being carried by Daddy all day!

Sophie was not very impressed by the giraffes.
I love them though! They are my favorite!
Note: Please excuse my horrible roots! I am trying to get into my stylist!


Then we went to see the "silly" monkeys, which totally freak me out...

Sophie took a little rest and this little guy came and sat beside her...

This is her noticing him behind her...

And this is her TOTALLY freaking out after seeing him!

The closest thing to a smile we could get...

We had a great day! I can't wait to go back!

4 comments:

KAC said...

Glad you guys had a great time! I LOVE the Cinci zoo my sorority had their formal there this year and it was great!!

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

so cute!! I love sophie's little outfit!

The Wilkinson's said...

I'm laughing at her freaking over the monkey, you girls are so silly about monkeys! I feel the same way about owls, though! HA! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

aww bless how sweet you have to love going to the zoo at any age ..