July 15, 2009

One of those days...

You've all had them. I had one today.

The day started out great. Sophie and I left home early to pick Brittany up and go look for new running shoes. (Yes, I fell off the wagon, and HARD.) We parked on the street and put money in the meter. "Out of Order." OK. The money was in, so I thought it would be fine. Right?

The local running store was packed. Sophie was running around like a tornado. The salesman gave her a box of toys so I could try some shoes. Wow, that really worked, I thought. She was being so quiet. Too quiet. I went to find her and what did she have? A passy. From the box of old toys that hundreds of children play with. I nearly threw up. I got the passy from her and threw it in the trash. How long had it been there? How many kids put that thing in their mouth? I still can't stand to think about it.

Britt and I found our shoes, and a few more things (told you I fell off hard) and went to pay. As we gathered Sophie, we smelled it. A dirty diaper. A really dirty diaper. After I paid, I went outside to change Sophie in the car while Britt paid. When I got out there, I realized I had changed purses and forgot to put in wipes. Great. At least I had a diaper.

Britt came out and told me the guy charged us wrong so I went back in. I'm not sure how it happened, but he charged me wrong, credited it back to some other person, voided the transaction, charged Britt's shoes to my card, and on and on. It took FOREVER to fix. I'm sure I will find lots of wrong charges on my card.

After all that, I finally went back to the car. When I got in, Britt handed me a bright orange envelope. A ticket. I should have known.

The day actually picks up from here. We went to the Arboretum to run. It was hard, but we did it. We will be starting week four soon. I am so proud of us! I highly recommend the program. If I can do it, anyone can!

I wanted to mention that The Design Girl is having some fabulous giveaways! My favorite are the camera straps and accessories from Phatstraps. I have to have these! Which is more me, the damask or the polka dot? Hard decision!


Lens case


Camera straps

Go over and check them out!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you poor thing....i guess when it rains it pours! Glad the day picked up for you.

The Wilkinson's said...

Did this happen before or after you called?! How horrible! I like the polka dot for you...

GingerSnap said...

Oh my goodness! Who puts a passy in the toy box????? Poor you! That is so gross!

Lesli said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog.. your daughter is adorable!!! I can sympathize with you, it seems that I have these days more often than NOT lately. I have a 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old and I was beginning to wonder if I was the only one out there in the blog world that has these days!!

About the paci, My husband would have had a heart attack! He sanitizes everything!! oh,love the PB backpack, I just got that mag in the mail and was trying to find an excuse to buy one!!

Amber said...

I hate when I have those kinds of days! Keep smiling and keep blogging, so I know I am not the only one who has these kinds of days!

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! I hate those kinds of days when absolutely everything seems to go wrong!

What in the world was that disgusting paci doing in a box of public toys???? Some people are so clueless...

xoxo

Jo said...

Congrats on your running! I love the camera straps. I've been looking for a new one. Hope today is a better one for you.

Jo