July 10, 2009

Some fantastic news and a confession...

Happy Friday everyone! I have been bad about blogging this week!

I have some great news...

You won't be seeing pics like this again...

Sophie doesn't have a passy anymore! Yay! I am completely in shock! And we didn't even try to take it! A few nights ago, Greg was putting Sophie to bed. He read her stack of books and then said her prayer. He then realized that he didn't take a passy upstairs. He took her over to her bed and she asked for it. He told her she didn't need it anymore because she was a big girl. He put her down and closed the door. And we waited. But what did we hear? Nothing! She just went to sleep without it!

I couldn't believe it! I quickly gathered all the passies and hid them in the kitchen cabinets. I was a bit skeptical still.

The next morning she woke up smiling. We went the entire day with no passy! Even during nap and in the car! I guess she just gave it up! It was so easy! I kind of expected her to be taking it to Kindergarten! It is kind of bittersweet - she is growing up!

Now the confession -

I have failed on my spending freeze - miserably! I wasn't going to tell, but Greg said he was going to rat me out! I do think the items I have purchased were kind of essentials. And all Moms out there will completely agree! Pottery Barn sent out their back to school catalog. Inside was the perfect backpack and lunchbox for Sophie! Pink and white polka dots with green trim! Perfect! I had to order before they sold out! And kids stuff sells out - fast!



Now, you ask, whey would Sophie need a backpack and lunchbox? She is starting Mom's Day Out next month! She will be going to "school" from 9 until 2 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We went to visit the program yesterday and she wanted to stay and play with "boys and girls!" She is so excited! And I must admit, a few hours a week for me sounds pretty good!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!


11 comments:

JTS said...

I love that you hid all the passies :) The backpack and lunchbox pattern is so pretty, what a great choice!

Anonymous said...

Thats Great news about the passy and getting a few hours to yourself too and as for the spending if you look at it the right way it ok as it was not for you but for sophie so there for you have not spent!!! as you have to lookout for the needs of the Children. Have a great weekend

Deidra said...

I totally understand I could not say that I could not spend for a month. I have to buy something. I recieved the same catalog and told the DH I have to order Kyron's the blue/red lunch box and backpack. He is starting school well the 3 year old program at a local church. I already have the napmat just needed to add thebackpack/lunchbox. Yes I love the Matilda Jane clothing Kennedy grace took her one year photos today and guess what she wore???? You are right her first Matilda Jane outfit. I see more in Matilda Jane in the future. HAHAHA!!!!!

Kate said...

Such a cute backpack!

The little boy I babysat for in DC was the same way-one day he was using the passy, the next day it was gone. No tears, no questions. Too bad his little brother is a thumb sucker-that is tough to break!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on kicking the passy habit. The lunchbag is cute. She'll love it.

GingerSnap said...

Darling finds!

Jo said...

I just stumbled upon your blog ~ too cute! The lunch bag and backpack are adorable! I would call this an essential.

I read that you are starting the couch to 5k ~ I found this site a few weeks ago and thought I would give it a try. My husband use to run marathons and wants to get back into it so I thought I might try to tag along with him ~ this is probably wishful thinking but a girl can dream! :)

Have a great weekend~
Jo

Amber said...

I admire the fact that you're brave enough to announce you're not going to buy anything. Wish I could do the same! Sophia is adorable :)

Danielle Moss said...

Those are so cute! You obviously had no choice but to purchase them, so they don't count :)

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Sophie is too cute, I love all of the girly outfits you put her in!! The lunchbox and backpack are so perfect, she will be going to "school" in style!

Laura Ann said...

Yes, we had to have the backpack set also...oh well, if you have done a little better that okay, right?

I love all the orange Sophie has on...we would so be in trouble together and shopping all the time if we lived closer.

Uh, did you get in on the platinum sale yesterday?

My ruffle jeans should be arriving today...did you snatch some up for little Sophie?