August 14, 2009

Finding fall clothes...

Happy Friday! The past two weeks have gone by so fast! Between getting everything ready for Kara's shower and training for the race, I am exhausted! Tomorrow is the big day for both. Wish me luck!

Have you started looking for fall clothes yet? I am so ready for fall clothes! It is my favorite time of year and the best season for clothes! I got so excited about it this week after seeing the new arrivals at Anthropologie that I did something I don't usually do - order clothes online! I typically have to try on clothes before I buy them, and after receiving my order yesterday, I remembered why! Clothes do not look the same on real people as they do on models in catalogs!

Here are the items I ordered:

I loved this shirt and the color typically is very flattering on me...

The rolling ruffles cardigan...

The back is cuter than the front...

The "it" item of the season...

You can see why I was so excited to get my order! These things are beautiful! So detailed, so dramatic! But not on me! Wow! It was bad! Not one of the items worked! I knew they looked bad as soon as I put them on - even before I looked in the mirror. I tried them on for Greg when he go home and you should have seen the look on his face! Ha! Too funny! We both just laughed as I tried on the pieces - each one looking worse than the next.

Now, I am sure there are many of you tall, modelesque girls that look great in these items. But they did nothing for my petite frame. Even in the smallest size they were way too big, completely overwhelming me.

One last item that I ordered that is currently on back order...

Oh, how I love this jacket! It is so me! I actually ordered it in this color and a purple color to see which one looks the best. I do hope this piece works! It is my favorite of all the things I ordered!

Have you had more luck than me in finding fall clothes? Anything that I should check out?



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck For Your Race Have a Great Weekend !!! Love the Last Jacket

The Wilkinson's said...

Good luck at the race! You will do great! And you know me...I don't ever buy clothes for myself. Maybe after I complete the couch to 5k I will go on a spree! :)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck tomorrow!! You have worked so hard!! I totally know what you mean about ordering clothes online...95% I have to send back =(

You have some really cute fall stuff, and I'm with you, it's my favorite time of year!! If you ever have a free second, stop by and see me, I would love to chat. = )

KAC said...

Those items are SO cute...I will def have to check out Anthro! Good luck at the race and have a fantastic weekend!

Deidra said...

Good Luck in the race. You are going to do great. Nice to hear that you are shopping for Fall Clothing. I have not started shopping for myself,but I have for Kenndey Grace and Kyron. I totally understand abour ordering online. I never have any quick either. Oh by the way have you decided what you were going to do with Sophie clothes? Please let me know?\.

Ouiser said...

I could've told you to steer clear of that first shirt. But I am super sad that the other two pieces didn't work. The third has to work, though, because it screams Kristie!!

By the way, the dress that Katherine Heigl is wearing on the cover of the August InStyle totally makes me think of you. It's so lovely.

Sydney Carver Snyder said...

Good luck at your race!!!

Rebekah said...

I just came across your blog and you and your little girl are the cutest!!! We should go shopping together. Anthropologie is my fav and yes...I could buy up the entire fall catalog! Where did you find the skinny jeans for your little girl? I have got to get some of those!!!