March 9, 2009

Cucumber cleaner and cookies...



Yesterday I was cleaning Sophie's high chair and had a realization.  Looking down at the 409 bottle I realized that I actually clean Sophie's eating surface with a bunch of chemicals at least ten times a day!  What have I been doing?  It had actually never occurred to me before.  So I set out today to find something better.  My tree-hugging friend, Ouiser, always used this brand, so I knew it was environmentally friendly and that the product actually worked!  Though skeptical, I decided to give it a try.  The brand is method, and I choose the cucumber scent.  I purchased the three products above:  dish soap, hand soap, and surface cleaner.   They actually worked great and left my kitchen with the freshest smell!  Not to mention the bottles are cute enough to leave on the counter!

Can anyone suggest more earth friendly products that work as well as the favorites?  Do you have any product that you can't live without?

Greg and I kept Madelyn tonight while Lindsey and Josh went to dinner.  The girls were so good!  Actually, beyond good!  They played together beautifully!


Sophie and Madelyn having a cookie... and Shelby patiently waiting for a bite...

Justify Full

Out of 30 pics, this is the only one with both looking at the camera!  At least we got one of them to smile!  And for those of you wondering, I don't give Sophie cupcakes and cookies all the time!  Just for special treats!


2 comments:

Ouiser said...

i knew you'd come around eventually. we use a lot of seventh generation cleaners, too. we can get those locally, but we have to drive to nashville for most method cleaners.

i'm proud of you, and sophie's internal organs probably thank you, too.

Anonymous said...

Good For you for going green for your little girl, and a little sweet treat every now and then never hurts anyone something to look forward too .