On another note, I am nearing my 100th post! Can you really believe I stayed with this? Yes, it is a shock to me, too! Stay tuned... there will be a giveaway for the big day!
March 16, 2009
Hunger strike...
I try to feed Sophie a healthy, well-balanced diet. I really do. I plan out all of her meals to get the right number of fruits and veggies. I even try to get her to eat meat (which grosses me out most of the time). But for the past few weeks, the child refuses to eat. I have tried everything. She eats the best at breakfast. Oatmeal and a "nana." She eats that meal really well. And that's pretty much all she eats all day. So I resort to giving her whatever she will eat. For example, we stopped at a restaurant for lunch on the way to take Greg to the airport today. Greg and I didn't order the healthiest of meals, but I did for Sophie. She tried to eat the melon and chicken, she really did. All she ended up eating, however, was the fried batter off of my onion rings! Does anyone have advice on feeding picky eaters? (I guess eating healthier myself would be a start!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh yeah! Are you gonna send Greg to be in line at midnight? :)
Kids in the first few years are very fussy at eating dont let it worry you too much Sophie looks like a very happy little girl she will get better at eating it all takes time and she starts the day off the right way.
Hi Kristie.....stay on course with giving your daughter a healthy diet. She is very impressionable at this age and "giving in" to make sure she has something in her stomach will come back to bite you in the end.
It's important to keep telling yourself that she isn't going to starve. She'll eat when she's hungry, and if all that is available is healthy (albeit tasty) health food, she'll finally give in and eat it.
It may very well be that she is not having a growth spurt at the moment and when that happens, toddlers taper on their eating (sometimes drastically). When her bones start growing again, she'll eat!
Treats now and then are perfectly fine...no child ever ballooned their weight over a cupcake or two, but toddlers need good, healthy nutrition during these informative years and the only way they'll get it is if you give it to them.
Try masking the veggies....puree the cauliflower and mix them in with organic mac and cheese..she'll never suspect!
Hope this helps a little! Hang in there!
Post a Comment