April 16, 2009

Playing the ponies...

This has been a cold and rainy Keeneland season!  I think there has only been one day of sunshine!  We went out yesterday with UK's Internal Medicine department.  Though only about 50 degrees, we still had fun!

We arrived a bit late (as usual for us!) and had a rocky start.  First, we went in the wrong valet gate and had to turn around and go back to the right one.  I don't know how, but we seem to do this every time!  So frustrating!  Next, we go through ticketing and I am taking care of the tickets while Greg is holding Sophie.  We get to our dining room and, oops, I only have one ticket!  They will not admit you without one, so Greg had to go back and look for it.  He came back with no ticket.  As a last hope, we started going through my purse.  Ticket!  So we were finally seated.

Our betting didn't go any better.  We lost on the first two races.  Greg usually has really good luck, but not that day! And then the next race... Sophie was sitting in my lap writing on the program and Greg told her to pick a horse.  She took the pen and wrote on Original Ink.  Greg placed the bet on that horse.  Guess what?  A winner!  A BIG winner!  She recovered all of our losses plus more!  I think we will let Sophie pick the horses from now on!


Giving me a big smile!  Ha!

2 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

Way to go Sophie. Pretty impressive :)

Anonymous said...

I agree way to go Sophie